5 Day Mt. Kenya Sirimon to Chogoria Traverse Trek visiting Nairobi. Sirimon. Old Moses. Shiptons. Meru Bandas. Chogoria. Nairobi 5 days/4 nights
Hiking and Trekking tour 5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Sirimon down Chogoria Route
- The transfer from Nairobi to Sirimon Gate of Mount Kenya on Day 1.
- Mount Kenya Park fees.
- Mount Kenya mountaineering fees.
- Services of Mount Kenya guides during the hike.
- Services of Porters during the hike.
- Services of a cook during the hike.
- Mentioned accommodations during the Mount Kenya trek.
- Full board accommodation during the hike ( includes breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- The 4 X 4 Jeep transfer from the roadhead to Chogoria village on Day 5.
- The transfer from Chogoria village to Nairobi City on Day 5.
- All the mentioned meals.
- Rescue to a private hospital ( if need be).
- Bottled water during the hike.
- Trekking equipment.
- Items not mentioned as included.
You have the morning link up with our representative either at the Jomo Kenyatta Airport or at your Nairobi Hotel. Soon thereafter, depart on a 3 hour drive to Nanyuki Town and onto the Sirimon Gate (2660 metres) of Mount Kenya National Park. From the Gate we trek through magnificent montane forest, Bamboo Forest, giant heather zone to the high altitude moorland. Arrival at Old Moses Camp ( 3300 metres). This gentle trek takes 4 hours and enables you to gain an elevation of 680 metres. Overnight at Old Moses Camp. Full board
Breakfast at the Camp. Follow the trek uphill, forking right at the junction. You cross Ontulili River and turn right contouring through moorland and cross Likii North River and continue uphill to Mackinder's Valley from where you enjoy panoramic views up the valley towards Shipton's Camp. Trek on to Shipton's Camp ( 4,200 metres). The Camp is surreal, setting below the main peaks and glacier. Todays trek takes 7 hours with 900 metres of ascent. Overnight at Shiptons Camp. Full board
Take this day for acclimatization today at Shiptons Camp, with short walks and hikes to Oblong and Hauseberg Trans, gaining an elevation of of 370 metres before returning to the Camp for lunch with afternoon on leisure. Climbing high and sleeping low is excellent for acclimatization. Overnight at Shiptons Camp. Full board
Leave at 3 Am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible parts towards Lower Hall Tarns. Today's trek takes 12 hours. You arrive at Point Lenana ( 4985 metres) around 6.30 am; this is the 3rd highest peak on Mount Kenya and you gain 780 metres elevation. After the sun-rise you descend to Mintos hut for breakfast . Later, continue the descent to the Meru Bandas ( 2950 metres) where you have dinner and overnight. Full board
Breakfast. Descend for 2 hours to a Forest Clearance to catch a 4 X 4 vehicle transfer to Chogoria village and connect onto your transfer vehicle for Nairobi, where you are dropped off. Breakfast and lunch