12 Day Mount Kenya & Kilimanjaro Treks visiting Nairobi . Old Moses . Shiptons . Met Station . Naromoru . Nairobi. Moshi . Mandara . Horombo . Kibo . Horombo . Moshi 12 days/11 nights
- The mentioned transfers in Nairobi & Moshi.
- Porters during the Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro Treks.
- Guides during the Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro Treks.
- Shuttle Bus transfer Nairobi/Moshi on Day 6.
- The transfers Nairobi/ Sirimon/Nairobi and Moshi/ Mandara/Moshi.
- Bed and breakfast with overnight at Ibis Styles Hotels, Nairobi on Day 5.
- Bed and breakfast with overnight at Keys Hotel, Moshi on Day 6
- Rescue to a Private Hospital ( if need be).
- All the mentioned accommodations at Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro( includes breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Mountaineering and Park fees for Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro
- All the mentioned activities during the Treks.
- Bottled water during the Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimanjaro Treks.
- Items not mentioned as included.
- Mountaineering equipment.
- Sleeping bags.
You have the morning link up with our Manager; either at the Jomo Kenyatta Airport, Nairobi or at your Nairobi Hotel. Embark on the drive to the drive to the Nanyuki Town. Proceed to the Sirimon Gate of the Mount Kenya National Park; 2440 metres. Commence the trek and after 3 and a half hours arrive at the Old Moses Camp (3300 metres) on an ascent of 860 metres. Dinner and overnight at the Old Moses Camp. Half board
Breakfast. Follow the track moving left at the junction via Ontulili River, Likii North and Mackinder's Valley; gaining an ascent of 900 metres. Dinner and overnight at Shipton's Camp (4200 metres). Full board
Spend the whole of today acclimatizing. Visit the Hauseberg Lakes. Overnight at Shipton's Camp. Full board
At 2 Am attempt the ascent on Point Lenana to reach there on day break. Continue to the Mackiner's Camp for breakfast and onto the Met Station. Dinner and overnight at Met Station. Full board
Breakfast. Take the 3 hour trek to the Naromoru Gate (2600 metres) and connect onto your transport to Nairobi to arrive in the afternoon. Check in at the Ibis Styles Westlands Hotels, Nairobi. Overnight at the Hotel. Half board
Breakfast. Take the Seat in Coach transfer to Moshi City in Tanzania to arrive in the evening. Check in and overnight at the Keys Hotel, Moshi. Bed and breakfast
Breakfast. Take the drive to the Village of Marangu (1980 metres). Commence the trek after going through the Marangu Gate through the Rain Forest. The trek takes about 5 hours. Arrival at the Mandara Hut in the afternoon. Overnight at the Mandara Hut, 2700 metres. Full board
Breakfast. Most of the trekking today is through the Moorland. You pass through Maundi Crater and have a nice view of Kibo Crater. You will view groundsels and lobelias. After a 6 hour trek you reach Horombo Hut (3720 metres). Overnight at Horombo Hut. Full board
This day is spent acclimatizing. You will interract with both ascenders and descenders here. A 3 hour hike to Mawenzi Hut is recommended today to assist in the acclimatization. Overnight at Horombo Hut. Full board
Breakfast. The trek today passes through the Alpine Desert habitat. Prepare for the attempt to the Summit of Africa; Uhuru Peak (5895 metres) tonight. Sleep early. Overnight at Kibo Hut (4700 metres). Full board
Take the mid-night trek to the Summit of Africa, Uhuru Peak. This trek takes 6 hours. The habitat here is stone scree and ice capped summit. Trek onto the Gilman's Point (5681 metres) and you are now on the crater rim. This section requires great physical and mental effort. On reaching the Summit of Africa, take photos and undertake the 3 hour descent to Kibo Hut and relax alittle. Take a further 3 hour trek to Horombo Hut. Dinner and overnight at Horombo Hut. Full board
Breakfast. Take the 6 hour descent via Mandara Hut to the Marangu Gate and connect with your transport to your next destination. Breakfast and lunch